Subject: RE: initial draft of CPP-CPA Specification

Marty,

»
»      Do you mean new applications that will be developed as already "ebXML
» compliant" ?
»
» MWS: I meant that new applications can be aware of the collaboration and
» the CPA without needing a special bridge.
»

	So, I think we are saying the same thing. ebXML-compliant applications
	would be aware of the collaboration and of the CPA...

»
»      I do not understand how new applications will be "defined by the BP
» model", though...
»
»
» MWS:  Here, I am only quoting what I understand of the BP goals.  The
» registry is to be filled with BP models for specific applications.  The
immediate
» concern is whether the XML derived from the Specification Schema really
» contains what is needed to interface to the rest of the CPP/CPA. Chris
said that he
» would continue discussing this with Karsten.

	well, my issue is not only what you raise.
	In some way, the BP describes a collaboration between two parties. Each
party
	has its own legacy software that would implement the actual execution of
the
	parts of the collaboration pertaining to the relevant role. Does not
matter,
	IMHO, if a party uses an "existing legacy" or creates a brand new legacy.
	The BP describes the collaboration, not the legacy, IMHO ! So, I imagine,
	the Registry will be filled with collaboration model instances, not with
	legacy application model instances !

»
»      Marty, sorry but at this point I do not understand which is the final
» 	 answer to the original question which was :
»
»           I would change "...and the business-application functions..."
into
»           "...and the back-end functions..."
»
» MWS:  Everyone has a different view of what an application is.  There were
» a lot of discussions of this in the Boston meeting.  I intended
"business-applications
» functions" as a broad term encompassing both what you are calling the
back-end functions
» and the CPA-aware parts of the application.  I see that I will have to
review this
» question.
»

	In the CPP doc, line 334, what is written is :
	"The Collaboration-Protocol layer is the interface between the CPA-defined
	business transactions and the business-application functions that actually
	perform the business transactions. "
	So, if the business-application functions also include the CPA-aware parts,
	it would read as if the Collaboration Protocol layer would interface the
	CPA with itself.

Best regards
/Stefano