Subject: RE: HTMLEncoding

Try

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/charset.html#entities

sections 5.3.1 and 5.3.2

I think this may be a description of the
encoding scheme you mention.

I did at one time ask why we were including
information about encoding schemes since
they are already specified by the combinations
of transport protocols, packaging
protocols, and language specifications.

I would like that general issue still
on the table for Vancouver.