Subject: TRP comments by Shimanura-san that MAY apply to TP

Someone please check to see if the appended set of TRP comments apply to
the TP spec.  Please indicate that you are looking into it and when you
will provide an answer.  If any changes are needed, it would be best if we
put them in before submitting the spec for the next round of QR and Public
Review.

NOTE:  Any changes due to these comments have to be reflected in some or
all of the XSD, DTD, and CPP and CPA samples unless they are in areas of
the XMLDSIG definition that we haven't included in detail.

(Chris?) Should the  messageOrderSemantics attribute be added to the
ReliableMessaging element or is it intended to be specified on a message by
message basis?

(Chris, Dale, or Tony?)  Shimamura-san is requesting some changes to the
digital signature elements in the message service specification to update
it to the current level of XMLDSIG. Are his proposals correct? Do any of
these changes apply to the TP spec, given the level of detail in our
current signture elements? Please check both under ds:Signature and under
ProcessSpecification (ds:Reference).

   At a glance, I see:

   Comment to line 1735 of TRP spec is a possible problem for us regarding
   the ds: prefix and namespace definition.  Should we delete the ds:
   prefix anywhere? everywhere?  I believe that the comment applies only to
   the namespace definition since the TRP spec has the ds:prefix everywhere
   else.

   Comment to line 1692 apparently applies to us (algorithm attribute value
   under SignatureMethod)

   Comment to line 1699 apparently applies to us (correction to value of
   Type attribute)

   Comment to line 1737 apparently applies to us.  Under ds:Signature, we
   do not spell out the full URL of the canonicalization method (algorithm
   attribute).

   Comment to line 1737: Under ProcessSpecification, the algorithm we show
   in the XML example agrees with the one in the comment below except that
   we name the attribute ds:Algorithm while the comment below shows it as
   Algorithm (this probably relates to the comment to line 1735 above).
   Also, under ProcessSpecification, we do not spell out the algorithm at
   all in the text but just refer to [XMLC14N]. Since the algorithm is
   shown in the sample, we probably should add a brief sentence or
   paragraph on it.

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704