Subject: CPP/CPA specification clarification

I have read through the CPP/CPA specification several times, and trying to
understand the implementation issues implied in the document.

I assume the goal is to provide a clear guideline for inter-enterprise
communication by providing a standard document set that can be
exchanged, similar to the X12 document standard.

How does this piggyback on X12, or not? Also what's the dependency
on the registry? Do I pull the CPP and CPA from the repository?

Does the CPP and CPA become the payload when transferred as a
message?

Perhaps an expert on this topic can provide a step-by-step guideline
on usage.

Thanks,
Eric Chiu