Subject: RE: ebxml packaging and transport conference call

Juan Carlos and David,

What Juan Carlos (well, the Spanish EANCOM users) is asking for is
non-repudiation as well as an assurance the message arrived.  I don't
see why that should be out of scope.  Non-repudiation is a well
understood service and is offered by a number of transports, including
CORBA, as part of their security service.  For some commercial
services, it's probably necessary -- although it is does make the
implementation/product more heavy weight.  But, in commercial
applications where this is necessary, people are probably willing
to pay the price.

The second thing, which came to mind in reading the message below,
is that, while not stated explicitly, there may be a requirement
for delivering a message once-and-once-only (e.g., you don't want
to send someone an electronic bank draft for one million Euros
twice because of some transmission error).  For this, you really
and a transport which offers once-and-once-only semantics (these
are usually based on two phase commit and there are a number of
them, the oldest probably being IBM's CICS but there are also
BEA's TUXEDO and CORBA's OTS).

Best regards,
Henry