Subject: ebXML Transport - next steps. FW: ebXML Orlando Meeting - Preliminary Information

Hi !

Given the short time between now and the Orlando Meeting and the amount of
time available (three full days) during the meeting, I suggest that we
finalize the requirements document as soon as practical and then produce
reports of existing initiatives/standards against the requirements between
now and the Orlando meeting. Then, during the meeting we can review the
options and decide the way ahead.

Does this make sense with everyone?

If so CAN WE DO A LAST CALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT (see attached) AND
FREEZE IT THIS FRIDAY 7th Jan as discussed before the holidays?

Is this OK?

Regards

From: Laura Walker [mailto:laurawalker@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 11:36 AM
To: 'ebXML'
Cc: 'Board'; 'Brigitte Ruby'

Happy New Year to all ebXMLers --

We are busy pulling together the details for the meeting in Orlando.
Although we have not yet finalized the venue, we are able to
provide this high-level agenda so that you are able to make
travel arrangements.

The meeting will be held in Orlando, within reasonable driving
distance of the airport and/or local attractions.

The meeting will begin on Monday, 31 January, at 1:00 PM and
will adjourn on Friday, 4 February at 12:00 PM (noon).

       ebXML Meeting
     HIGH-LEVEL AGENDA
31 January - 04 February 2000
   Orlando, Florida, USA

MONDAY, 31 January
01:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- Welcome, Introductions and Status Report
- Updates from Project Teams on work accomplished to date
- Review of Project Teams' work plan for the week
- Invited Speakers (TBD)
06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
- Welcome Reception

TUESDAY, 1 February through THURSDAY, 3 February
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Project Team Meetings

FRIDAY, 4 FEBRUARY
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Reports from Project Teams
- Roadmap for Upcoming Work
- Review Schedule for Future Meetings
- Adjourn

You should receive details on the meeting site within a week.
As with the San Jose meeting, you will be responsible for
contacting the hotel directly to make your reservations.

OASIS was delighted to underwrite the costs of the first ebXML meeting.
However, as a non-profit member organization, the Consortium is not in a
position to do so again. For this reason, there will be a meeting
fee for this meeting, which will cover the costs of breaks and lunches
throughout the week. We are striving to manage costs closely, and
are determined to keep the meeting fee below 300 USD for the week.

If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact:

ebXML Chair
Klaus-Dieter Naujok, UN/CEFACT and Harbinger Corporation
(klaus@templar.net)

ebXML Vice-Chair
Dr. Robert S, Sutor, OASIS and the IBM Corporation
rsutor@oasis-open.org

OASIS Executive Director
Laura Walker
lawalker@oasis-open.org