Subject: Re: Requirements and defintions documents

There were errors when I sent this Thursday and it bounced.
Didn't see this until after checking out of the hotel, so
you won't get this until after the deadline.

Henry
---------------------------
Hi all,

These are a few comments on the definitions document.

First a general comment.  These definitions are not object oriented.
Not that this is bad, but if ebXML wishes to deal with objects and
componemts, as my short time with the Architecture WG indicated they
wanted to do, we may requrie object oriented definitions, too.  We
really need to find out what the general ebXML approach is/will be.
Perhaps we should contact the Architecture WG?

Clause 1.1
Is a wrapper itself a documnt?  thus, making the definition fully
recursive.

Clause 1.2
I would suggest revising the first sentence to read:
A Document is any collection of data elements that can ... .

Clause 1.2.2
Rather than saying "a message is data", it might be better to say "a
message is a document" (which I think is true).

Clause 1.3.4
Since a Service includes the exchange and processing of a
(set of) document(s), I believe we want to add an item to the list
of dependencies which would characterize a two-phase commit transaction,
i.e., either completes successfully or rolls-back (never an error state),
which is semantics for once-and-once-only.  Not sure what to call it.
Suggestions?  (In the OLTP world, it is generally referred to as a
transaction, but that term has already been taken to mean something
else in the EDI and XML world).

Best reqards,
Henry