Subject: RE: ebXML TP&R Overview & Requirements Doc diagrams

Matti

I've taken a brief look at your presentation. The following are my thoughts
... in no particular order.

1. Slide 1. Your perspective is that of user that is providing B2B to up to
5000 users. Many of the companies involved in ebXML are looking to
supporting communities in the hunrdreds of thousands ... if not more. This
presents different challenges
2. Slide 2. You say "every choreography can be split to the dances of two".
I used to think this, but not any more, it's quite possible with
asynchronous communication for A to send a message to B who then sends a
message to C who sends the response to the first message back to A. It would
be good if it were simpler but it isn't.
3. Slide 3. This assumes use of pre-authentication and VPNs. Equally likely
is digitially signed and encrypted documents sent over an open network, e.g.
email
4. There's nothing in you slides about reliable message delivery. For some
business situations this will be essential for a workable solution.
5. Slide 11. This seems to assume the client has a browser. This won't
always be the case. Sometimes it will two (or more) servers talking as
peers.

Regards