Subject: RE: Very Rough Draft of Header Specification

Good points. However david i think your comment is premature on the "never"
be a rfc... remember i am coordinating this to see if it will be a formal
ietf thing in conjunction with ebxml..... so lets don't make predictions..
it is toooooo early... rik

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-transport@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of David
Burdett
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 11:35 AM
To: Rik Drummond; ebXML Transport (E-mail)

Using the same layout, fonts, etc should not be a problem. However I think
we can usefully copy the structure of standards produced by, for example,
the IETF. Especially if:
1. We think we might eventually submit the document to the IETF as an
Internet Draft and even eventually an **informational RFC** - it can
**never** be a "proposed standard" or "standard" as we're doing our work
outside of the IETF
2. They have some good ideas, for example on the use of MUST, SHOULD, MUST
NOT, etc - they really help to tighten up a specification

Does this make sense?