Subject: Re: mime vs xml header

I tend to echo Bob's analysis and conclusion (just use MIME). It would be
relatively trivial to specify a mapping for MIME2XML and vice-versa based
on Dale's work, and we might want to include it in the spec somewhere.
However, I feel that we should be focusing on available technology.
MIME is already widely implemented on our targetted "transports" (browsers,
web servers, mail client and servers, etc.) Going with a pure XML enveloping
scheme would necessarily involve some level of new development work
to enable this to be supported.

My $0.02.