Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re[2]: Concern with basic ebXML TRP Syntax/Semantics]

David,

I have been trying to drive that suggestion into this groups discussion for
over a month now. I completely agree with your approach. It simplifies the
case where only XML content is required. I have felt that we have spent way
too much time discussing non-XML content when 80%-90% of the time the
content will be pure XML.

You could even go so far as to only require MIME wrapping if non-XML content
is required. Therefore, a receiving application would simply have to first
check for the MIME content type header and parse it as specified. If it does
not exist then it can look for text/xml content type header. If it is type
text/xml this stream can be read directly into an XML parser.

If the group wants to always assume there will be a MIME outer wrapper that
would be OK too but I would encourage the ability to skip MIME altogether
since MIME is foreign to some transport types and hinder adoption of the
ebXML headers as a standard.

Jim McCarthy
WebXi, Inc.
http://www.webxi.com/