Subject: Minutes Conf call June 1, 2000

This was a short small meeting folks. Minutes below

David
=======
ATTENDEES:
David Burdett
Chris Ferris
Philipep de Smedt
Melanie Kudella (Universal Code Council)
Len Callaway (briefly)

REQUIREMENTS
Melanie identified a requirement for "pull" technology. Chris F and David B
assured Melanie that "pull" technologie could be built on top of push
technology since a pull involved a request for information followed by the
delivery of that information. Melanie agreed to write up a use case/scenario
and post it to the list.

NEXT STEPS

Generally the following was discussed agreed:
*	it would be a good idea to apply the current header and packaging
specs to the prototype
*	we need to be more prescriptive about items in the spec, e.g. we
could say that all GUIDs should be based on the Message ID in RF822
*	we need to work out the process for enhancing existing specs to
reflect needs of a) the requirements and overview spec and b) other
messaging specs agreed we need to involve more people so discuss next weeek
*	An Interim Project Team meeting was thought a good idea perhaps
during week of July 10th in Bay area - hosted by Sun perhaps? - discuss next
week
*	two new specs need to be written before the current specs are
usable. These need to include:
*	reliable messaging spec - Chris F and David B said they want to work
together on this
*	discovery specs - this one needs volunteers - discuss next week
*	there was also discussion of the ebXML standards process. Everyone
thought it doesn't make sense to vote on a strawman spec since it is not
really intended for deployment. The purpose in making a strawman spec public
is to get feedback and make sure that the team/specs are heading in the
right direction. Therefore, it was suggested that we don't actually vote on
the current spec that has been produced - discuss again next week.

CONFERENCE CALLS
Two calls were set up one by Commerce One, late on Wednesday and one on
Thursday AM by the Drummond. Len Calaway apologized for the confusion and
said he would organize the conference call for 8th June at which point
subsequent conference call dates would be agree.

David Burdett
Document Engineering, CommerceOne
4400 Rosewood Drive 3rd Fl, Bldg 4, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 or +1 (650) 623 2888;
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com