Subject: RE: Minutes Conf call June 1, 2000

I think initially it will probably  "at most once" delivery with
notification of delivery failure - this is outlined in the current versions
of the specs.

From: Henry Lowe [mailto:hlowe@omg.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 12:29 AM
To: David Burdett
Cc: ebXML Transport (E-mail)

David,

On the reliable messaging spec., are you planning on going as
far as 2 phase commit type stuff?  I've had a bit of experience
with this (pre-OMG) and some of the OMG members may be interested.

I won't be on the ConCall this week or next due to travel.

Sorry about being slow in getting back to you but last week I was
in an ISO meeting and I'm catching up on a Fjord somewhere on the
way to Bergen.

Henry
----------------------------
At 12:22 PM 06/01/2000 -0700, David Burdett wrote:
>This was a short small meeting folks. Minutes below
>
>David
>=======
>ATTENDEES:
>David Burdett
>Chris Ferris
>Philipep de Smedt
>Melanie Kudella (Universal Code Council)
>Len Callaway (briefly)
>
>REQUIREMENTS
>Melanie identified a requirement for "pull" technology. Chris F and David B
>assured Melanie that "pull" technologie could be built on top of push
>technology since a pull involved a request for information followed by the
>delivery of that information. Melanie agreed to write up a use
case/scenario
>and post it to the list.
>
>NEXT STEPS
>
>Generally the following was discussed agreed:
>*      it would be a good idea to apply the current header and packaging
>specs to the prototype
>*      we need to be more prescriptive about items in the spec, e.g. we
>could say that all GUIDs should be based on the Message ID in RF822
>*      we need to work out the process for enhancing existing specs to
>reflect needs of a) the requirements and overview spec and b) other
>messaging specs agreed we need to involve more people so discuss next weeek
>*      An Interim Project Team meeting was thought a good idea perhaps
>during week of July 10th in Bay area - hosted by Sun perhaps? - discuss
next
>week
>*      two new specs need to be written before the current specs are
>usable. These need to include:
>*      reliable messaging spec - Chris F and David B said they want to work
>together on this
>*      discovery specs - this one needs volunteers - discuss next week
>*      there was also discussion of the ebXML standards process. Everyone
>thought it doesn't make sense to vote on a strawman spec since it is not
>really intended for deployment. The purpose in making a strawman spec
public
>is to get feedback and make sure that the team/specs are heading in the
>right direction. Therefore, it was suggested that we don't actually vote on
>the current spec that has been produced - discuss again next week.
>
>CONFERENCE CALLS
>Two calls were set up one by Commerce One, late on Wednesday and one on
>Thursday AM by the Drummond. Len Calaway apologized for the confusion and
>said he would organize the conference call for 8th June at which point
>subsequent conference call dates would be agree.
>

>David Burdett
>Document Engineering, CommerceOne
>4400 Rosewood Drive 3rd Fl, Bldg 4, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
>Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 or +1 (650) 623 2888;
>mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com

= If you are subscribed using a different email address, put the      =
= address you subscribed with at the end of the line; e.g.            =
=      unsubscribe ebxml-transport myname@company.com                 =