Subject: RE: Conversations, or BP alignment with TR&P and Architecture

Marc,

Very clear reply.  I agree with your distinctions of two levels
of conversation, and your scope for the transport level.

I worry about the name "application level" for the long conversations.
We just had a conference call where somebody took the position
that ebXML does not care about the management of long conversations
because "the business applications at each end will handle that".

Yeah, sure. Most business applications I know are inward-looking.
They wouldn't know how to handle a long conversation with another
company if it smacked them in the interface.  A new kind of software
is required here, and it needs to be compatible at each end of the
the conversation.

(I'm not proposing a solution here, just posing a problem...)

But thanks for the feedback; at least it isn't your problem.
Regards,
Bob Haugen