Subject: RE: TPA & ebXML; more and more thoughts...

>Eventually we need to think about the end to end sequence within the ebXML
>environment, meaning, when does the RegRep get accessed for such
configuration
>information, etc.

Here is a scenario regarding regrep access.

A business process application produces the document to be sent. The ebXML
engine does the following.
1. Access the regrep and determine if there is a tpa with the to-be
receiver.
2. Construct the ebXML document using the information in the tpa. i.e.,
possibly apply security, etc.
3. Send it according to the receiver's transport profile as specified in the
tpa.

The primary assumption at line 1 is that two trading partners exchange
documents ONLY if there is a contract (legal and all) established between
them.

Although I agree with the need for a tpaID, the tpaContext is apparent from
the above and therefore unnecessary. The caching of the tpa is a good idea.
Otherwise every transaction would require a regrep access, expensive during
multiple exchanges. However, this is an implementation issue which should
not affect tr&p and is better left to the ebXML vendors, don't you think ?

Sohaib.J.Kidwai
Architect
EComXML Inc.
Reply To: sohaibk@ecomxml.com