Subject: Re: TPA - Initial thoughts

I assume that negotiation means getting together on exactly what
communication protocol, Doc Exchange protocol, and business process
characteristics.

I don't understand why TRP specifications would include negotiation
function. Negotiation should be an application defined as an instance of
the BP meta-model and in the business-protocol part of the TPA (action
definitions), not in the TRP specification.  Negotiation should be in the
payload, not in TRP-defined function.  Profiles defining what is negotiable
would presumably be in the repository.

Is anyone working on the overall architectural structure of the set of
ebXML specifications?  An overview of what function goes in BP and what
function goes in TRP is badly needed if it doesn't already exist.

Regards,
Marty

IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704