Subject: comments on message envelope spec v0-5, 5/26/00

COMMENTS ON MESSAGE ENVELOPE SPECIFICATION 05/26/2000

1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE

Line 19:  Please replace "are expected to use" by the appropriate term from
RFC2119.  I assume that "shall use"  is intended.  "are expected to use"
does not
have the prescriptive force of "shall use".  If "shall"  is not intended,
then
say "should", "recommended", or "may" as appropriate.

4.3  TRANSPORT ENVELOPE

Line 211:  Please replace "are expected to"  by the appropriate term from
RFC 2119.
Actually, I believe that the whole paragraph should be designated an
informative
note since it is about implementation. If I am correct, then "are expected
to" is OK as
is, though rephrasing with "recommended" may be better.

IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287