Subject: RE: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFACT or X12qualifiers

David, see comments inline:

> 1) TRP to review items in interchange header where repository API
> reference
>      could potentially add value / resolve semantic definitions
> dynamically
>       allow TP's to define their own interchange reference tables
> / values.

If you changed "API reference" to "information" I would agree.

> 2)  TRP to review with TPA authentication mechanisms and tracking
>       mechanisms to ensure reliable and secure interchanges
>       (I did not say 100% secure!).

Seems reasonable.

> 3)  TRP to review with BP and RegRep issue of exposing Business
>       Process matrix that shows what BP and associated transactions a
>       valid interchange between TP's can contain.

Great idea.

> 4)  TRP to review with TPA how a profile can e established that will
>       allow plug-n-play automatic configuration of TP linkages between
>       a new TP and / or TP system.

Seems reasonable.

> 5)  Look at TRP POC designs that could validate some or all of above.

Sounds good to me.

> 6) RegRep to provide feedback on both lightweight and
>      tightly coupled mechanisms for Repository interfacing with
>      XML based API.  (As part of the RegRep POC for Tokyo this is
>      already implied BTW).

I agree, RegRep needs to define the repository "schema" and interface.

> Once all of above is better understood then we can make a real
> determination of what it means to "require use of a repository" as
> opposed to "mandate use of" as opposed to seeing just what
> is involved and the mechanisms, and how these support both
> ebXML Requirements, and Technical Architecture, which of
> course is the prime directive here.

Yep, this is where the heart of the discussion lies...After we address the
above steps we must decide whether to make remote registry access mandatory
or optional.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions