Subject: Re: ebXML Messaging Service Layers

08/24/2000 12:45 AM

To:   ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

Martin W Sachs
08/23/2000 09:48 PM

To:   David Burdett <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
cc:   "ebXML Transport (E-mail)" <ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org>
From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:  Re: ebXML Messaging Service Layers  (Document link: Martin W.
      Sachs)

Dave,

I love it!  We needed this diagram a long time ago.  It will really help us
focus our discussions of functions on the periphery of the messaging
service.

We will need a functional description of the application support layer and
of the interfaces on the top and bottom of it. In the expanded presentation
of tpaML and BPF that I distributed yesterday, there are 5 or 6 charts
describing what the main functions of BPF are and how it works.  Much of
what is described in those charts, especially the TPA  object and the
service implementation object, constitutes the application support layer of
the IBM Research prototype.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs