Subject: Message Service Interface

Since there seems consensus that this Message Service Interface should be
treated as separate work for the time being (and maybe folded into the
Messaging Spec later... or not), could the group decide who is the editor
and who will make an initial strawman proposal? Without something to look
at, it's hard to get going.

Alternatively, we may need to have a requirements discussion about this
before someone invests time. I'm seeing differing opinions about what this
interface is and should accomplish.

I'm happy to add it to the Work Plan once there is a concrete proposal for
a work item with deliverables, start/stop date, responsible party, etc.

Jim