Subject: RE: Trading Partner/Party Discovery/Agreement Use Cases

Marty

You make good points. An updated use case is attached which also includes
other example of what can happen in step 4.

For the benefit of others on this list. If we accept use case 2 in the
attached document, it means that:
1. There is a use case where there is no prior "Trading Partner Agreement".
Instead,
2. Information about one of the parties is sent in the same message as a
business document.

I'd appreciate others views on use case 2 and how to handle it.

From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 11:57 AM
To: David Burdett
Cc: EbXML Trading Partner (E-mail); ebXML Transport (E-mail)

Sorry, I hit the wrong button.  Here is the full posting.

I finally caught up to the discovery use case description.  It looks very
good.  I am not speechless, however.

In use case 2:

   Step 3, last paragraph:  I think that some people would argue that Party
   A sending Party B a message containing the reference or pointer to Party
   B's information constitutes Party A's acceptance of Party B's terms and
   therefore agreement with Party B's terms.  To me, this is the same as
   clicking "accept" on Netscape's T's and C's panel when I download a new
   version.  In neither case, however is there any negotiation.  You might
   want to change "agreement" to "negotiation" in the last line of the
   paragraph.
>>>Agreed.<<<

   Step 4:  It might be interesting to add the following step 5:

     Step 5:  If party B did not find the Party A information acceptable in
     step 4, then perform use case 1.

Regards,
Marty

*********