Subject: RE: the mime issue in the ms draft

At 01:30 PM 9/6/2000 -0400, Marc Breissinger wrote:
>What Igor means is that the ebXML Envelope is structured differently
>depending on the transport, so the software that envelopes an
>ebXMLHeader with a payload will need to be transport aware -- and
>accomplish its task differently depending on the transport.  In
>other words, it is not a transport independent envelope specification.  No
>argues that you can make it work with HTTP, SMTP and FTP,
>just that the ebXML envelope will be different for each.

IMHO, I think we need to be more precise about the amount of transport
information used by the MS. There are degrees of use that could (should?)
affect MS functionality - from making small adjustments in the envelope to
fairly radical changes which take advantage of QoS or reliability features
in the transport. Lack of a clear boundary has been the cause of *many*
emails in the past few weeks!

Jim