Subject: RE: more on the FW: Draft RegRep and TRP transport harmonization

Jim.

I honestly don't think that the requirement is signficantly more complex and
the solution required is equally easy to do. I look forward to working
through this with you next week.

Regards

From: Jim Hughes [mailto:jfh@fs.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 5:57 PM
To: ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: RE: more on the FW: Draft RegRep and TRP transport
harmonization

As a prelude to discussion in the F2F, I think these conversations are
*again* making the requirements more complex than necessary and will impede
progress. If there are BPs that require *BP level* reliability on a
synchronous transport, then let's put something into the TPA so that the BP
can ask for this level of functionality.

As a completely separate discussion, having a Messaging Service Handler use
different algorithms based on the Transport protocols (synch, asynch,
MQseries, whatever) is possible but I'm afraid unspecable in the short
term. In any event, we need to again make sure the requirements are clearly
specified and agreed to before we go down implementation discussions...

Jim