Subject: Re: Implementation question for RM spec!

Marty's exactly right on the complexity issues.

The current TRP resolution for RM requires each sending MSH to generate
sequence numbers for each sender-receiver pair (regardless of transport).
Whether a receiving MSH actually uses the sequence number or the globally
unique MessageID to detect duplications is implementation dependent. It's a
lot easier to detect dups using sequence numbers...

Jim