Subject: RE: Implementation question for RM spec!

Sanjay,

Reliable Message grouping (sending one ACK for a group of messages) was
eliminated in phase 1 for a variety of reasons - error propagation not well
understood, how to handle partially sent groups, how to recover, etc. The
result is a very simple solution that does enforce a single pipeline as you
point out, with each reliable message being acknowledged before the next
one is sent (unreliable messages flow at any time). We will remove the
restriction after Phase 1, when there will be more normative specifications
for implementors. Simplicity rules for the moment...

Jim Hughes
Fujitsu