Subject: document due date....FW: facilitation of TRP MHS spec by QR

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@east.sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:24 PM
To: tmcgrath@tedis.com.au
Cc: Rik Drummond; Ebxml-Stc; 'ebXML Coordination'
Subject: Re: facilitation of TRP MHS spec by QR

Tim,

Please see below.

Tim McGrath wrote:

> The QR Team accept your suggestion that if we receive the document on
Monday
> 16th we shall reply by 18:00 PST on Thursday 19th.
>
> PS
> I am unclear about your comment -
>
> a. will this document now encompass errors, reliable messaging and
security?

yes. We had been working separate documents for errors and RM. What was
deemed
suitable for phase I was incorporated. Security is addressed but only to a
very
minor extent (ability to encrypt payload). Security is a phase II
deliverable
but we felt it necessary to say something at this stage;-)

> b. is there a formal change log of modifications made since the previous
> version?

Yes, but it may be difficult to track the individual comments/changes
because of the
reformatting to conform to the IETF format. However, all changes other
than style edits have been addressed in the comment/change log. Doing a diff
from v0.21 to the version we release next week will be futile because of
the restructuring.

> Rik Drummond wrote:
>
> > the new trp document has been reformatted into the ebXML format, three
> > people have submitted sections on errors, reliable messaging and
security
> > during this round of comments. everything else is the same except for
two
> > other technical comments... Rik

because
> > of
> > > that I suggest we bump it to the front of the line. It is my
understanding
> > > that other spec's qr is reviewing are not going to vote and they are
> > merely
> > > reviewing them as courtesy review and are not the formal review
necessary
> > > for the ebXML spec release process. If I get the spec to you next
Monday,
> > > may I expect it back with comments on eob Thursday?
> > >
> > > thanks for the help.... Rik
> >
> > --
> > regards
> > tim mcgrath
> > TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
> > phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142
>
> --
> regards
> tim mcgrath
> TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
> phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

--
    _/_/_/_/ _/    _/ _/    _/ Christopher Ferris - Enterprise Architect
   _/       _/    _/ _/_/  _/  Phone: 781-442-3063 or x23063