Subject: RE: Feedback on the MSS draft - content issues

steve your comments are duly noted. the current spec is a phase one
functionality spec. we have two more phase to go. i am sure it will be
worked out shortly. good input. it sounds to me your input will change it in
a post tokyo version for sure... rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hole [mailto:steve.hole@messagingdirect.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 6:06 PM
To: Rik Drummond
Cc: ebXML Transport

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:56:46 -0500 Rik Drummond <rvd2@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> we left it mandatory in this version until we have more discussion... so i
> would not assume it will be there in phase two stuff. thanks for the
input.
> we will discuss this in tokyo. best regards, rik

It really is nasty.   From painful personal experience I can tell you that
the interoperability on it is *very* bad.    Anybody who has ever written
an S/MIME generator that accepts multipart/{antyhting} as payload will
tell you how impossible it is to do that with anything that approaches
efficiency -- especially if you get large payloads.

Cheers.

---
Steve Hole
Chief Technology Officer