Subject: RE: Messaging Service CPP/CPA [was: Ack Message Payload??]

Hi,

	Thanks for the support. This question came up during the RM discussion.

	The use case was about resetting the sequence numbers. Either we can send a
message with -1 to say, we are resetting the seq numbers or just roll over
to 1. Both assume some implied intelligence and assumptions on the part of
the message handler, when it handles normal (meaning normal, ack and error
types) messages. But this shouldn't be, a standard should avoid any implied
assumptions and all implications should be explicit ! Hence the logic for a
new control message type. The reason why we didn't encounter this might have
been because, only now we are incorporating RM and security. IMHO, security
would need the control messages to sort out things between the message
handlers.

	On further thought, may be the error and ack messages are sub-types of
control messages. So may be the classification should be normal and control,
with the control having a type attribute which can take multiple values
(ack, error, RMControl, SecurityControl) et al. Of course, we can have the
control messages as headers (like the RMHeader and SecurityHeader) and then
embed the control directives in those tags.

	Reading your e-mail, I also realize that we might need a control message
type for BP as well.

	cheers and have a nice day