Subject: RE: Ack Message Payload??

Marc

I do agree, we must support an RPC like reliable messaging mechanism - do
you think my alternative definition of an ack (see my last email) would meet
this need.

From: Marc Breissinger [mailto:marcb@webmethods.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:03 AM
To: Rik Drummond; dick@8760.com; Jim Hughes
Cc: Nikola Stojanovic; Ebxml-Poc (E-mail); Ebxml-Transport (E-mail)

Sorry, Rik.  I don't agree.  I have a hunch David Burdette won't either.
This functionality is not a performance issue, but gets directly to the
heart of ebXML TR&P's ability to support synchronous RPC like business
service invocations.  Reg/Rep and UDDI are simple technical examples of
applications for an RPC mechanisms.  Shipment Status and
Available-to-promise are business examples of prcesses that require this
kind of real time interaction.  It's an (increasingly) important pattern of
interaction that we shouldn't sweep away under the rubric of "performance."

marc