Subject: RE: Multi-hop reliable messaging

From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 6:19 PM
To: MKudela@uc-council.org; Burdett, David
Cc: ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org; mona@mail2.commerceone.com

See comments below.

DAvid

-----Original Message-----
From: MKudela@uc-council.org [mailto:MKudela@uc-council.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:17 AM
To: Burdett, David
Cc: ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org; mona

Thanks for the clarifications. I also see that some of these issues are
addressed in the thread RE: ebxml trp mhs spec and workflow as well and I
probably should have brought them up there.

From my experience working with the EAN.UCC payload which has no msg
routing information in it,   the hub (read, comm server) is  "wrapped"
around the application (let's call it workflow)  that picks up from the hub
and sends the message somewhere to get processed. Because the hub and
workflow  are usually separate apps, from different vendors, and on
different servers,  why isn't it part of the process to acknowledge a
successful message delivery from hub to workflow?
##I see no reason why this can't be done by TRP provided **the link betwee
the hub/comm server and the application/workflow server both follow the
reliable messaging spec**. However now you are getting "inside" the client
site, when TRP has a focus of reliable messaging **between** TRPs. I also
don't think we can mandate how connections between servers must necessarily
be part of TRP.##

If that is not part of
the multihop scenario it becomes the weak link in the chain. Why should it
not be part of T&R to define the "interface" to workflow, and then business
team can takeover and define the business scenarios. I just don't agree the
hub and workflow boundary are black-and-white but as grey and soft and
fuzzy.

Melanie Kudela
EC Technical Manager
UCC, Inc.