Subject: RE: Volunteers required for standards mapping

Hi, David,

I agree with you since we talk about this part of work in the transportation
group. But if we have more time and resources and could think from standards
overall, including Core Components and Business Process, as well as
transporataion layer, then I think it would be very beneficial to have
comparison with different standards in different levels. It would help us
understand better where ebXML really is better than other standards, where
it needs to be improved. The comparison work will also help us to define
comformance in the future and interoperability between ebXML and other
standards.

Doug Dunting from Ariba told me he had been volunteered to do the comparison
work between ebXML and cXML earlier in a conference call, so we agreed that
he is going to continue to do this comparison work. Since OAG actually is a
content level standard, or document standard, there is no message part of
comparison needed to be done between OAG and ebXML. That is to say, I don't
need to do any comparison work here in transportation layer. I am glad about
that because I am quite busy recently. However I will do content level
comparison among these standards whenever I have time.

I just have one request, that is, whenever anyone finish your work, please
send to this email list so that everybody can share your work and
experience.

Thank you very much for your clarification, thanks everyone for your work.

Regards,

Jenny Xu