Subject: 11/30/2000 con-call: Outstanding issues

All,

Attendees:

Chris Ferris
Dale Moberg
Ralph Berwanger
Dick Brooks
Doug Bunting
Andrew Eisenberg
David Burdett
John Ibbotson

Minutes:

Turnout for the call was low (8 of us dialed in for at least
part of the call). We ended up speding most of the time
coming to a near consensus regarding the test/production indicator.

We came to formal resolution on only one of the four issues.

Issue 1: I am on the hook to provide two formal proposals for addressing
the test indicator. There was some consensus that it be added, but
we need to have clearer semantics defined w/r/t MSH handling REQUIRED
to be supported by an implementation. I'll try to get that to the
list today and put it to a list vote.

Issue 2: Content-Length.
It was agreed unanimously that it be removed from all but the HTTP
binding (transport-level header).

Issue 3: apparently, no one had read my email on the matter. I'll
resend and put it to a formal vote on the list.

Issue 4: General consensus that Doug's comments had merit.
Doug will draft a formal proposal for sect 7.6 (charset) which will
reference sect 4.4.3 of the XML spec and the murata RFC
(application/xml)
and draft (application/*+xml) so that the charset handling is consistent
with those specifications. That too will be put to a list vote.

begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris