Subject: Re: ebXML header extension mechanism proposal

I very much support having an extension mechanism such as you suggest,
my only comments are related to the implementation of the extension
mechanism.

How about something like this:

<element name="ebXMLHeader" type="ebXMLHeader"/>
  <complexType name='ebXMLHeader'>
    <element ref='Manifest' minOccurs='1'/>
    <element ref='Header' minOccurs='1'/>
    <element ref='RoutingHeader' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs="1"/>
    <element ref="ExtensionBag minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='*'/>
  </complexType>

Of course,  the same separation can be accomplished using namespaces -
I would just prefer it this way to keep the messages uncluttered.
Namespaces could still be used in either instance.

Cheers,

-Matt