Subject: RE: Request for clarification - multiple payloads

Comment from a lurker <cf>

DB, if I interpret PY's sentence before the one you quoted correctly, your example does not, well, exemplify his point. I *believe* he was talking about two seperate requests in one payload; not two responses to a single request. My guess is that the TRP could easily deal with this as long as there is a clear identification of the response with the request in the TRP.

IMHO, a more suitable example might be a series of batch requests being sent off in a single message.

PY, am I paraphrasing correctly?
-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Brooks [mailto:dick@8760.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 3:48 PM
To: Prasad Yendluri; ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org

Prasad,

>I was suggesting that "when we apply this to the case of Synchronous exchanges, this would boil down to a simple straightforward extension of the model. That is, multiple responses (if any) would come back in the payload of the synchronously delivered  response message".

<db>
I think we are in agreement. A good example of this is when a party queries a catalog for information on a product and the return data contains a textual description of the product along with a separate JPEG image. I envision both of these being packaged in a single multipart/related payload of the response message.
</db>

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions