Subject: RE: proposal: collapse To and From elements

Do you think it is possible to do multi-cast with the To containing a name
which represents a list of names, e.g. "ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org"
which then results with mutliple messages on the wire with separate
ReceiverURI addresses for each recipient.

From: Christopher Ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@east.sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 6:01 PM
To: Patil, Sanjay
Cc: 'Prasad Yendluri'; ebXML Transport (E-mail)

Sanjay,

In that event, you wouldn't be agreeing with Prasad.
Prasad wanted to preserve the element content (#PCDATA)
as separate from the context attribute.

As to multicast, the point of the To element is to be
a "logical" address/identifier. Thus, the concept of
a multicast "alias" (ala email) could be implemented.

In any event, we can always extend in a future version
to permit multiple To elements if that turns out to
be our multicast addressing scheme.