Subject: Re: PartyId and Context

Scott Hinkelman wrote:

> So this hasn't died yet. I love URIs. They are beautiful. But I'm not yet
> convinced to mandate everyone to
> use it. Domain/Context, whatever, allows using URIs or some other list (maybe
> private) of identifiers to indicate what
> the value is, one of which could be "URI". This approach might even help
> ebXML work within
> an enterprise, where IANA registration makes no sense. I like the level of
> indirection. Go ask an airline,
> all they speak is IATA and just because that can be IANA registered, they
> will still speak IATA.
>
> Also, using domain/context DOES NOT mean ebXML MUST set up and maintain some
> registration
> authority. Precisely the opposite in fact, and allows ebXML not mandate any
> of it.

<PY> I agree with this. I never understood why it is necessary for ebXML to
maintain its own registry of all the possible values for the domain that could
be specified in the context? Why can't this aspect be part of the CPA?. I.e.
the valid domains and the corresponding valid ids that go with domains (for the
parties) and the location of the (on line) registry for the subject domains if
any, could be part of the CPA right?  </PY>

Regards, Prasad