Subject: RE: Additional MIME headers

I am not an expert in all the protocols, so I cannot judge on the attached
answer from Patil.

If there wouldn't be such issues as the ones highlighted from Patil, I would
say "report an error"since the fact that someone sends "more information
than the receiver expects" may be a symptom for a misunderstanding.

But I would not object on the "ignore" policy if this is what people want.

Definitely I would not like to leave this choice to the implementation since this
could generate some issues of compatibility in the runtime.

/Stefano