Subject: Re: Synchronous Exchanges Proposal

Saikat,

Please see my responses in <PY> below.

Prasad

"Saha, Saikat" wrote:

> Hello Prasad,
>
> I have few questions regarding the proposal for Synchronous Exchanges.
> Could you please clarify?
>
> 1. If a Synchronous message is exchanged between a sender and a receiver
> with multiple intermediaries, how would you propose to maintain the connection
> for all
> IntermediateACks, DeliveryAcks and the actual response message? When we say
> Synchronous
> connection, do we mean a Synchronous connection between a sender and it's
> immediate next
> Intermediaries or it is the Synchronous connection between the sender and the
> ultimate receiver?

<PY>I think this is discussed in the proposal. All the intermediary nodes need
to keep the connection until a response is returned from the next node. Only
DeliveryReceipts make all the way back through the intermediaries and the
intermediary acks are for the node immediately preceding it only. So, at most
two acks, a DeliveryReceipt and an intermediateAck from the first intermediary
are ever returned to the original sender. Per the latest 0.90 version draft of
the Acks can be embedded with the returned  response (payload), as elements in
the ebXML Header.
</PY>

> 2. In section 1.3 bullet number 4, spec. says
>
> · The IntermediateAcknowledgement and the response message (with potentially
> embedded DeliveryReceipt) in separate ebXML messages must be returned within
> the same communication protocol level response (e.g. as concatenated ebXML
> message instances in the body of HTTP response is separate; or as populated
> elements of the ebXML Header of the response message).
>
> Can you please elaborate in multiple hop context?

<PY>I think I need to phrase this better but, since the intermediateAck returned
by the first intermediary, it has the option of embedding that in the message
received from up-stream or as a separate ebXML message, both sent in the HTTP
body.</PY>

> 3. In section 1.4, Proposal, spec says it can be Acksonly, ResponseOnly and
> AcksandResponse, can this Acks be Intermediate or
> DeleveryReceipt, both types of acks?

<PY>Both types of Ack</PY>