Subject: RE: Applying transformations to Payloads (compression)

I never suggested that the MSH should do any compressing.  I only suggested
that the MSH provide a place in the packaging information to indicate that
a payload is compressed.  It would be up to the sending application to
indicate to the MSH that a payload is compressed.  This is no different
than some of the other information that the messaging service conveys.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center