Subject: TRP spec 0.9a comments/feedback

David,

These are my comments/feedback on TRP 0.9a spec.
Most of them are in the inconsistency between the different element
definition and the actual schema in Appendix A.1.

1. ebXMLHeader XML schema(Appendix A.1), Header element is missing
SynchronousMessagingInfo element
which is defined in Synchronous Messaging(sent yesterday by Prasad).
2. Should we have both DTD and XSDL based schema in the appendix of the
specification, some of
the examples refer to DTD whereas appendices show XML schema? There is a
placeholder(appendix A-2) for  DTD.
3. Synchronous Messaging spec,. DeliveryReceipt and IntermediateAck. Why
both are required? Last intermediary
cannot produce IntermediateAck before it receives the DeliveryReceipt from
receiving MSH or intermediary nodes can create
IntermediateAck before they receive any response from next node?
4. Line 334 should be "compliant".
5. Line 337 example shows dtd whereas appendices has xml schema.
6. Line 427 says  Manifest element MAY have ID whereas line 2071 says
"required".
7. Line 2078,  Can the minOccurs of schema element be "0" for a particular
Reference element? I suppose this is for non
xml based parts of payload.
8. Line 443,444, attribute xml:type takes fixed value "simple", Line 2083
should be fixed.
9. Line 383, RoutingHeaderList element must be present for both reliable
messaging and also if messages
are exchanged over multiple hops.
10. Line 388 and 392, Why ApplicationHeader element and StatusData element
cannot co-exist? Sending MSH can
send a message requesting status alongwith some other information for the
application layer at the receiving end.
11. Line 443 says xlink:type attribute is required whereas Manifest sample
in section 8.3.2 does not have this.
12. From element is missing in schema for ebXML Header.
13. Line 497 says From/To comprises of PartyId, Line 2121 To element doies
not contain PartyId element
14. Line 531 says Service element has type attribute whereas 2135 does not
contain.
15. Section 8.4 does not say about Description element whereas this is
present in 2114
16. Line 623 8.4.7.3 section syncReplyMode attribute is missing in the
schema

I have been able to cover upto Header element. I will send rest of my
comments tomorrow.

Regards,
Saikat