Subject: Re: Application Headers

David,

Well, there are two aspects to this...
1) the receiving "application" MUST be capable of processing the
namespace qualified application headers that are qualified with
a mustUnderstand=true
2) the receiving MSH MUST be capable of forwarding/providing
the namespace qualified application headers that are qualified with
a mustUnderstand=true to the receiving application

In either case there needs to be an exception/error reported.

However, since these are "application" headers, the "application"
needs to be notified... Hmmm... we may have a layering issue
to deal with here...

Chris

"Burdett, David" wrote:

> Lines 841-845 say ...

> true means that a receiving MSH MUST be capable of understanding the meaning
> of the namespace-qualified element content. If the content is not
> understood, the receiving MSH MUST respond with a message that includes an
> errorCode of NotSupported in an Error element as defined in section 8.8.<<<
>
> I don't think that the MSH must understand the elements. It only needs to
> recognize the namespace qualified elements and know that it has an
> application that can handle them.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> David
>
> Solution Strategy, Commerce One
> 4400 Rosewood Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
> Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 (also voicemail); Pager: +1 (888) 936 9599
> mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;One Network Drive=0D=0AMS UBUR02-201;Burlington;Ma;01803;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-20624
fn:Christopher Ferris
end:vcard