Subject: Re: multi-hop requirement

William,

Back in the early days of TRP, we identified support of SMEs (which
may well only have a browser and/or e-mail) requiring multi-hop.
To do business with others, either big or small, the SME would go
through a Portal such as Yahoo.  Particularly for interactions
with large enterprises (LE), the Portal would probably use something
other than SNMP or HTTP (perhaps CORBA or QMseries).  Thus, multi-hop
would be a requirement -- SME to Portal using SNMP for first hop and
Portal to LE using CORBA for second hop.

Best regards,
Henry