Subject: RE: CPA and overrides

Maryann,

Speaking strictly from the standpoint of the Energy industry use of AS2, no
"override"
functionality is being permitted with regard to delivering receipts. All
receipts must
be delivered synchronously over the same session used to send a message. So,
overrides
aren't an issue here.

However, I don't believe overrides are a major security issue with AS2 as
long as the following
are true:

- The sender provides some form of authentication for access control when
sending data (with overrides)
- The sessions used to send data are encrypted (TLS/SSL)
- Messages are digitally signed by the sender
- Man in the middle attacks are prevented (using hard addresses, NO DNS
resolution)

AS2 provides the functionality to accomplish all of the above to ensure a
secure message exchange.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions