Subject: RE: Returning the whole message on Message Expiry Delivery Failures

david time to live interacted strangely with repeat transmit times. i had
ralph kill it in the paper... i hope... rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 9:42 PM
To: ebXML Transport (E-mail)

Folks

Section 10.2.3 (TimeToLive) says that if TimeToLive is expired, then the
"DeliveryFailure" error message should return a payload of the ebXML message
that has expired. I disagree with this in that this is the only error that
requires the return of the message in error and also, the message could be
huge (many 100s of Mb) when requiring the sending of all of it would not
make sense. I propose that this requirement is removed. The RefToMessageId,
alone should be sufficient.

Thoughts?

David

Solution Strategy, Commerce One
4400 Rosewood Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel/VMail: +1 (925) 520 4422; Cell: +1 (925) 216 7704; Pager: +1 (888) 936
9599
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com