Subject: RE: CPA and overrides

David

You asked ...

>>>How can we have a CPA w/o a formal agreement?<<<

I think this is quite simple. We include in the header, just the information
that is needed to send a message, or alternatively have a transport/delivery
channel level CPA that is independent of the business process whose id is
contained in an element in the header that can change with each hop.

You make a good point about decisions being made in the room with half the
delegates out on sub-team assignments. IMO, we should only make "BIG"
decisions like tying the TRP spec with an umbilical cord to the CPA spec on
the email list after proper discusion. After all, not everyone can get to
every F2F meeting.

I also think that tying it too tightly to the CPA spec is high risk as I for
one, have not had the bandwidth to properly review it. IMO the TRP spec is
about transporting messages and not the business process that goes with it.
The CPP/CPA spec "munges" the too together in a way that cannot be
separated. This is equivalent to reuqiring FedEx to understand the business
process that the documents they are transporting are part of.