Subject: RE: Latest DRAFT of SMTP bindings

Zvi,

>1. What is the relationship between the value of the TimeStamp header
element and
>the DATE e-mail header?

There is no direct correlation between the Timestamp element and the SMTP
Date header.
Implementers are free to use the value contained in Timestamp to construct a
value
for the SMTP Date header, following the format rules defined in section 5 of
RFC 822.

The Timestamp element is the definitive source for creation date/time of an
ebXML message.

>2. How about using the value of the MessageId header element for the
Message-ID
>e-mail header. this might be good for audit trail.

Implementers are free to use the value contained in MessageId as the
Message-ID value,
reformatted to correct canonical form as defined in section 4.1 of RFC 822.
However, the MS SMTP binding doesn't require this correlation of the two.

The MessageId element is the definitive source for identifying an ebXML
message.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/