Subject: RE: Latest DRAFT of SMTP bindings

Chris,

> The discussion concluded that the MSH need NOT concern itself with
> this since it is supposed to be transport neutral. The transport
> (e.g. the MTA) would deal with this as needed by encoding the WHOLE
> message package.

Traditional e-mail systems encode only those body parts that need to be
encoded.
I disagree with your perspective that the WHOLE message should be encoded,
however
if this is the groups consensus then that's the way it is.  This will add an
unnecessary burden when a bodypart is plain text and can easily pass without
encoding.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions