Subject: RE: Issue: How CPA is used in the spec

David,
I don't want to derail this again.
It just concerns me that you are proposing there is reliable messaging at
all if you don't even know the
authenticity of the sender, and then you're also going to arbitrarily
override whatever configuration
you supposedly agreed to with this un-identified sender

so I guess you're saying that it's no less secure to override the CPA than
to engage in business
with someone whose identity you can't verify, and indeed that is true.

My issue was not that the information was in the header, but that the
information in the header
was used to override whatever agreement the two parties established and
referenced with the CPAid
resolution without any acknowlegment or recording of this action.

Maryann

"Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com> on 03/12/2001 01:31:32 PM