Subject: RE: Issue: How CPA is used in the spec

Sorry to keep this running. I am sure I am missing something
in the motivation for the behaviour that is described.

I have some troubles in understanding how this kind of
thing could help in granting consistency and interoperability
between different software implementations, though.

Knowing how the other side behaves, forces a slow-down in the
process and re-introduces the dependency on errors. One
should cross his fingers hoping his software does not
deliver something wrong since the effect would be unpredictable.

/stefano