Subject: Re: ebXML Message Service Spec V 98b

Mr. Christopher Ferris,

Thank you for sending the MS spec v0.98b. However I found a incorrect
change in the specification.

 v.0.98, line 533-535
    If messageOrderSemantics is set to Guaranteed then the To Party MSH
    MUST correct invalid order of messages using the value of
    ~~~~
    SequenceNumber in the conversation specified by the ConversationId.

 v.0.98b, line 549-551
    If messageOrderSemantics is set to Guaranteed, the To Party MSH
    MAY correct invalid order of messages using the value of
    ~~~
    SequenceNumber in the conversation specified by the ConversationId.

I don't understand why the word "MUST" was changed to "MAY". We talked
about this as following:

> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:33:25 -0500
> From: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>
> Subject: Re: MAJOR TECNICAL comments on v0.98
> To: SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
> Cc: "ebXML Transport (E-mail)" <ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org>,
>  Michael DeNicola <mwd6@cornell.edu>,
>  IWASA Kazunori <iwasa@fs.fujitsu.com>,
>  Jacques Durand <jacques@savvion.com>
>
> Correct!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> SHIMAMURA Masayoshi wrote:
> >
> > Mr. Christopher Ferris,
> >
> > Let me confirm your idea. You mean that
> >
> >     - When OnceAndOnlyOnce is specified and messageOrderSemantics is set
> >       to "Guaranteed", SequenceNumber MUST be present. In this case,
> >       receiving MSH MUST guarantee message order.
                        ~~~~

It seems to me that the change above does not follow our decision.
Please return the word on line 549 in v0.98b to "MUST".

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED